The big print (we don't like small print).
Lets go through the ins and outs of our Hosting Accounts!
- Bandwidth: When someone accesses page's from your website, over the Internet, they are transfered, from the Host server to the requesting computer. The size of these files is what makes up your Band Width Usage. Most individuals, clubs, organizations and small business's use less than 1GB per month. What about hosting companies who promise "Unlimited" bandwidth? In their fine print, one major hosting company says; "we don't limit your bandwidth provided it complies with our agreement. "They then go on to say; "If your usage presents a risk to the stability, performance or up time of their servers, data storage, networking or other infrastructure, you may be required to upgrade. Read the fine print. The cost of an upgrade could be $25.00 a month or more. They're banking on their knowledge that most people use very little bandwidth and if you use too much, they'll make you up-grade or shut you down. Please, Please read the "terms of services" before you buy a hosting account from one of the big boys.
- Storage: This relates to the amount of space you have for your files on the hosting server. Again most individuals, clubs, organizations and small business's don't use much storage. Our typical customer uses only about 10% of the server space allocated to them. Again, beware of people who promise unlimited space. They know that most people don't use much and if you do, they'll require you to upgrade. With us, you'll be able to monitor your own account and and make the right decisions, If you should have special requirements we'll work together to satisfy those requirements and at a reasonable price.
- Free Domain Name: With each new hosting account, you can register one (1) new domain name or you can transfer an existing domain from another registrar, for free for one (1) year. Currently that's a value of up to $14.95. When you sign-up for hosting you will be prompted to select a new domain, example: www.myownwebsite.com or to enter the name of the domain you would like to transfer. This is your domain name and can be moved any where you'd like. Of course we want you stay with us, but we want you to understand the difference between us and one of those companies that promises free websites. With them you won't get a domain name of your own. What you get is a sub-domain attached to their domain name. It would look something like this: www.bigwebsitecompany.com/yourwebsitename and when they start hitting you up for money, for all the bells and whistles, you'll find that you cannot move your website.
- Email Accounts: Every hosting package include an ample number of emailaccount, so you can create accounts like: Tom@mywebsitename.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. You get the idea.
- Sub-Domains: A sub-domain allows you to create an additional website, without the need to register a new domain name. rather, you use your existing domain name and change the WWW to another name. The sub-domain name might look like this help.mywebsitename.com or support.mywebsitename.com. Of course this assumes you already own mywebsitename.com.
- Parked Domains: Lets say your primary domain is www.mydomainname.com and it is the primary domain of your cPanel account. Now suppose you also own www.mydomainname.net, you can park www.mydomainname.net in your hosting account. When someone visits www.mydomainname.net, www.domainname.com will be loaded instead. However www.mydomainname.net, will be displayed in their browser's address bar.
- ftp Accounts: An ftp account (file transfer protocol) is automatically created in cPanel when you sign up for hosting. FTP accounts are how you upload files to your hosting server. You can create additional FTP accounts allowing other users to upload files, without giving them access to your cPanel login.
- Databases: Most commonly used for the construction of dynamic websites such as a WordPress site. A database can also store information you might collect from visitors to your website. For example; If your web site required users to login to access certain parts of the site, their login information could be stored in a database.
- cPanel: Your websites account management tool. It allows you to access dozens of tools that help develop, manage and monitor your website. From you cPanel you can start constructing your website using BK SiteBuilder, or load a WordPress installation using Fantastico De Luxe. Check on the number of visitors your site has had, find out what country their from, what browsers they're using and much more using Awstats. Your cPanel is an invaluable tool.
- BK Sitebuilder: Includes hundreds beautifully designed professional templates for you to choose from. Many with support for smart phones and tablets. Pick out your template and start customizing, with no coding knowledge required. Add your own pictures and text to create your own fully functional website, using SiteBuilders simple drag and drop interface. Need help! We're here to assist. From answering simple questions to constructing complete websites we would love to work with you. Based on the complexity of the help you require additional charges may apply.
- WordPress Hosting: One of todays most popular CMS (content management Systems), WordPress can be downloaded and installed right from your cPanel using Fantastico De Luxe. If you would like, we will install WordPress on your site for you at no extra charge. that way you can get started right away.
- Green Hosting: Our hosting servers are 100% powered and cooled using wind power. This is possible through the purchase of REC's (Renewable Energy Certificates), essentially eliminating the carbon footprint of the servers. Find out more about REC's and how your company can go green here.
Any of the below listed items may result in the suspension or closing of your account:
- Spam: The use of your account to create, forward or engage in the distribution of "spam" is strictly prohibited.
- Pornography: We do not host websites that contain any type of pornographic or offensive material. Upon our knowledge that a site contains this type of material, it will be promptly closed. Material on the website will be ruled pornographic or offensive at our sole discretion and this decision will be final.
NOTE: This is by no means represents a complete list of unacceptable behavior. We strive to run a business that is free of offensive and objectionable material. It is important to us that we offer Honest, Simple, Affordable, Dependable and yes Friendly products and services and that our customers feel the same. If we find your website is in violation of this, our stated goal, we at our sole discretion will suspend or close your account. If your account is closed by us we will refund the amount, of the unused portion, of your hosting package on a prorated basis. Unfortunately we cannot refund the cost of domain registrations, however we will assist you in the transfer of your domain to another registrar. Thank you for compliance.